Infoworld gives OS 10.5 a glowing review. No one is unhappy with Mac OS X Version 10.4, known as Tiger. OS X is not an application platform (I bristle at using the term “operating system” for OS X; I explain why below) that needed repair, speeding up, or exterior renovation. Motivations for major upgrades of competing system software — roll-ups of an unmanageable number of fixes, because the calendar says it’s time, or because users are perceived to have version fatigue — don’t apply to OS X. Apple wields no whip to force upgrades because Tiger stands no risk of being neglected by Apple or third-party developers as long as Leopard lives. Despite the absence of a stick that drives users into upgrades of competing OSes, or perhaps because of it, Apple enjoys an extraordinary rate of voluntary OS X upgrades among desktop and notebook users. Why? People buy Macs because the platform as a whole is perfect, full stop. Leopard is a rung above perfection. It’s taken as rote that the Mac blows away PC users’ expectations. Leopard blows away Mac users’ expectations, and that’s saying a great deal.
- 122,097 hits
March 2014 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 2008 Alberta Apple Bombardier BRT canada Conservative Conservatives Dalton McGuinty David Miller Death dion election Environment Google Go Transit green gta Harper iphone jack layton John Tory Liberal Liberals Light-rail Linux LRT mac Markham mccain Metrolinx Microsoft Mississauga money Montreal NDP Obama Oil Ontario Open Source Oshawa OSX Palin PC politics Prime Minister Public Transit Quebec racism racist richmond hill rob ford Sheppard Stephen Harper Streetcars Subway subways tax Taxes Toronto Tory trams Transit City TTC Ubuntu United States US Vaughan Vista Viva wikipedia windows XP York Region YRT
- Bravo the Best Bakery in Durham Ontario - A Hidden Gem in Ajax!
- Ontario racism in Simcoe against Asians reaching the tipping point
- The Segregation of Native People in Canada: Voluntary or Compulsory?
- The Best Sushi in the GTA - Ajax, Ontario in Durham
- A list of all Canadian Political parties this election
- Cutting the cord through my over-the-air AppleTV and Netflix experience
- CITY-TV moves from 299 Queen Street West and gets a new Toronto home at Dundas Square
- Vince Vaughn brings new comedy festival to Nashville with live tapings, stand-up March 7, 2014 The Associated Press
- Mexico’s cancellation of heavy metal concert draws fire March 7, 2014 Mark Stevenson, The Associated Press
- Oil rises to near $102 a barrel on better than expected US hiring figures March 7, 2014 Pablo Gorondi, The Associated Press
- Stocks drift indecisively as tensions build in Ukraine; Dow and S&P 500 notch small gains March 7, 2014 The Associated Press
- Satirical ‘Book of Mormon’ musical coming to Mormon church’s home of Salt Lake City in 2015 March 7, 2014 The Associated Press
- Student starts petition for more cops due to history of violence at York U March 7, 2014 Toronto Staff
- Honest Ed’s selling hand-painted signs, old flyers March 7, 2014 Marcia Chen
- ‘Batkid,’ Spider-Man hang out in Disneyland after scheduled appearance on Oscars is cut March 7, 2014 The Associated Press
- Former Mountie joins federal spy watchdog, still one member short of full slate March 7, 2014 The Canadian Press
- FBI takes over Idaho investigation into private prison company; inmates have sued March 7, 2014 Rebecca Boone, The Associated Press
Some of this work by Andy MJ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.