Well another year has gone by and the residents if North Ajax continue to enjoy the great outdoors. It amazes me that we want residents to take transit, yet don’t spend any money to encourage it. At least in Toronto there are proper shelters and some planning. With the taxes that are paid by North Ajax residents you would think they would be afforded the courtesy of a shelter and at least a bit of pavement to stand on. It actually fascinates me to see riders standing in a residents driveway, in the street or almost in a ditch on Westney and Tauton Rd. But let’s face it, urban sprawl has caused this, right? We cannot blame city planners. They assumed that we would just continue driving our cars and enjoy our large homes. Who needs the basics anyway? So as gas continues to rise and costs go up, be encouraged. You will continue to be taxed and enjoy the outdoor elements. So yes, while your waiting for that bus, in the rain, in your fancy new dress. When that car drives by and nearly takes you out. Or better yet on that wonderfully paved mud platform, enjoy. Smell the exhaust, and at least your not back in Toronto, right?
- 121,228 hits
- 2008 Alberta Apple Bombardier BRT canada Conservative Conservatives Dalton McGuinty David Miller Death dion election Environment Google Go Transit green gta Harper iphone jack layton John Tory Liberal Liberals Light-rail Linux LRT mac Markham mccain Metrolinx Microsoft Mississauga money Montreal NDP Obama Oil Ontario Open Source Oshawa OSX Palin PC politics Prime Minister Public Transit Quebec racism racist richmond hill rob ford Sheppard Stephen Harper Streetcars Subway subways tax Taxes Toronto Tory trams Transit City TTC Ubuntu United States US Vaughan Vista Viva wikipedia windows XP York Region YRT
- Federal government puts off measures on serial numbers until 2015 December 5, 2013 The Canadian Press
- First Nations deeply mistrust energy sector: university study December 5, 2013 Bill Graveland, The Canadian Press
- Nelson Mandela, prisoner and president, fought white rule and led South Africa to democracy December 5, 2013 Christopher Torchia And Marcus Eliason, The Associated Press
- Canadian politicians honour Nelson Mandela December 5, 2013 The Canadian Press
- Spotify to unveil limited free mobile streaming of on-demand tracks added to a playlist December 5, 2013 Ryan Nakashima, The Associated Press
- Oilsands area largely intact, but impacts are growing, says new report December 5, 2013 The Canadian Press
- TIMELINE: Key events that cemented Mandela’s relationship with Canada December 5, 2013 The Canadian Press
- Canadian ‘Ultimate Fighter’ team revealed, will face off against Australia December 5, 2013 Neil Davidson, The Canadian Press
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada: ‘Our victory has become your victory’ December 5, 2013 The Canadian Press
- Mandela and Canada: His first visit was 1990 December 5, 2013 The Canadian Press
Some of this work by Andy MJ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.