Well another year has gone by and the residents if North Ajax continue to enjoy the great outdoors. It amazes me that we want residents to take transit, yet don’t spend any money to encourage it. At least in Toronto there are proper shelters and some planning. With the taxes that are paid by North Ajax residents you would think they would be afforded the courtesy of a shelter and at least a bit of pavement to stand on. It actually fascinates me to see riders standing in a residents driveway, in the street or almost in a ditch on Westney and Tauton Rd. But let’s face it, urban sprawl has caused this, right? We cannot blame city planners. They assumed that we would just continue driving our cars and enjoy our large homes. Who needs the basics anyway? So as gas continues to rise and costs go up, be encouraged. You will continue to be taxed and enjoy the outdoor elements. So yes, while your waiting for that bus, in the rain, in your fancy new dress. When that car drives by and nearly takes you out. Or better yet on that wonderfully paved mud platform, enjoy. Smell the exhaust, and at least your not back in Toronto, right?
- 118,975 hits
Tags2008 Apple canada Conservative Conservatives Dalton McGuinty David Miller Death dion election Environment Google green gta Harper John Tory Liberal Liberals Linux LRT mccain Microsoft NDP Obama Ontario PC politics Prime Minister Public Transit Quebec racism rob ford Sheppard Stephen Harper Subway Toronto Transit City TTC Ubuntu United States US Vista Viva windows XP
- The Best Sushi in the GTA - Ajax, Ontario in Durham
- Ontario Listeriosis Update August 22, 2008
- Dreadlocks remain grey area? Prejudice again? racism? sterotype?
- Before You Move: Where Are The Next Transit Hubs?
- Girl Refused Employment Because Of Dreadlocks
- Bravo the Best Bakery in Durham Ontario - A Hidden Gem in Ajax!
- Google's Nexus 7 Tablet?
- Condoleezza Rice Addresses The Issue Of Race In America
GoodreadsNo data found
- Petition launched to change name of Victoria Day to ‘Victoria and First People’s Day’ May 20, 2013 John Pope
- Jason Bateman confident there’s lots more ‘Arrested Development’ to come May 20, 2013 Michael Oliveira, The Canadian Press
- Conservative MPs extremely concerned about Senate expense scandal May 20, 2013 The Canadian Press
- Ford should directly address allegations of drug use in video scandal: PR expert May 20, 2013 Will Campbell, The Canadian Press
- Accuweather predicts warm summer with cool breaks for southern Ontario May 20, 2013 News staff
- Yahoo buys blogging forum Tumblr for $1.1 billion in boldest move yet under CEO Marissa Mayer May 20, 2013 The Associated Press, Michael Liedtke, The Associated Press
- Victoria Day 2013: what’s open and closed, fireworks, events May 20, 2013 Erin Criger
- Man dies after falling off bicycle near the Eastern Avenue bridge May 20, 2013 680News staff
- Free Lady Antebellum concert Monday afternoon at Yonge-Dundas Square May 20, 2013 Rudy Blair
- Chesapeake appoints Anadarko Petroleum’s Robert Douglas Lawler as its new CEO May 20, 2013 The Associated Press
Some of this work by Andy MJ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.